View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Thank you for all the suggestions and support. I am going to make an effort to get more done on my laundry room each day. I think I will "reward" myself... and every twenty minutes spent in there means I get twenty minutes of sewing time. That way, I still will be able to finish up some commitments for swaps.

Unfortunately, I am not feeling well right now. I think I caught my daughter's flu. I hope it is just a cold (like my son has), but when I get home from work, I am going to go to bed. I am just too exhausted to work on any cleaning or sewing project this evening. My mom is making homemade chicken noodle soup right now in my kitchen and I know she will understand if I just crash out when dinner is over.
Hope you feel better. Its hard with a job and family etc.
One thing I do is put on an audio book and work.The ones on CD's are best for me since it also helps with my timing. I have to make myself stop and rest after each CD is done. I get so wrapped up in the story that I don't notice how much I am doing.
It seems like a waste but this you can do even if you don't feel well.Make a list of general things you have.
Then when you feel better get boxes and separate. Don't worry about organizing just separate.
Then on another day or week:-) figure out what you need to organize and start putting things away. Keep a sheet of paper handy to make of list of things you may need.
Then hit Big Lots or one of the dollar stores for organizing stuff. If you don't have it already. Or if you have the time and energy hit thrift stores.
Give yourself time to get it done. Don't get over whelmed by trying to do everything at once .