View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Zoo

Remember a few weeks ago when I was having tension problems with my Jenome (DM)? Yeah, I thought I had them sorted out, but apparently not..or as the case maybe "apparently knot". :(
I was merrily quilting away last night, having a great time, the quilting stitches were working fine. This morning, I thought things were going fine until my machine starts making this horrible ka-thunk, ka-thunk noise?! I stopped immediately, took the quilt out and there's a horrible rats nest of threads in the last 1/2". Worse the quilting I had done in the last half hour before has loops/uneven tension on the underside, so all that has to be taken out.
So, I switched bobbins to see if that was the problem and did a test piece.
Ka-Thunk, Ka-Thunk!
I took out the race shuttle and cleaned the underside of the machine (it didn't need oiling).
Ka -thunk, Ka Thunk!
Took off the top plate, cleaned it.
Ka-Thunk, Ka-Thunk!
Switched out the quilting foot for a regular one.
Ka-Thunk, Ka-Thunk!
Raised the feed dogs
Ka-Thunk, Ka-Thunk!

Basically my machine won't even do a basic straight stitch on 2 pieces of fabric without making allot of noise and causing a huge rat's nest. :evil:
I guess I'm going to have to take it in to be looked at, sooooo depressing, I'll be out a machine for about 2 weeks....... :cry:
.......If anybody needs me I'll be on the couch eating chocolate chip cookies.
Zoo