View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 09:18 AM
NanaCsews2

I am a little torn writing this. And I appologize upfront if it sounds like I am venting. I love this board and feel really close to all of you, but I am sad when reading some of these posts that I replied to and feel a little guilty at the same time. I am sorry for any of you if you feel misled by any of us who suggested ccleaner. So, here goes. I also suggested ccleaner and sent messages and posted a link to ccleaner site that is free. No payment involved, no registry involved. This is not a scam, and it cleans more than your internet options tabs do. I would never have suggested anything that did not come from a very reliable source or recommendation. Period. Very sorry if any of you are having issues with it. When the screen comes up, there is a button on the top right side that says to download the latest version. Click it. Dont do anything again until a window pops up, let it download. If nothing happens, there is also a link above this download button (the one that asks for registry and payment-You don't need to press that big download button in front of you.) that says to click on it if the window doesn't open asking to save the file. Which is what you need to do first, then install and run it. (If you dont save it, you are only running it this one time. You need to save it to your computer. A ccleaner icon will come up on your desktop and can be used anytime. Computers and sites really do run faster and smoother when you clean out the gunk. And reformatting should be done if your computer is dragging and not working properly. Why buy a new one? Someone who knows what they are doing must do the reformatting. It is a process. Also, Windows Essentials does not prevent every virus from coming through. It is very good, but if you do a lot of computing and emailing and opening attachments (ouch!) another program may be needed. I used Essentials 2x-once before Kaspersky (you can use anything you want, don't take my word for it) and once after Kaspersky yr long membership ran out and before I could get to the store and purchase another disk(I always buy the disk, never download and pay online). Both times virus, trojans, etc. rampaged my computer when I opened up an email. Computer reformatted both times. Kaspersky blocks and keeps my computer safe. If you dont do updates on a continual basis, stuff happens. Everyone's computer is different. Ccleaner may be the same exact product your other suggestions are. Just a different name. But certainly not a scam. Happy computing to everyone! Today is a Good Day! Hugs to all! (I am a hugger, sorry if you aren't...lol)