Old 03-06-2011, 09:24 AM
mpeters1200

Originally Posted by SewMomma66
I quilt because I love the process. It grounds me. No matter how much work you put into to this quilt. Remember we do this because we love it. You have to be happy with what you create. Instead of looking at this as it's a lot of work. Think about how happy you will be because you did it the way you wanted. He will love it either way but will you regret that you did not quilt it the way you wanted it presented? Does that make sense?
That makes complete sense. I cut as many as I could with whole race cars. The rest, I made sure there were whole stars or whole crossed racing flags. I'm SOOO glad I decided to do it. While it was a LOT of work, I realized part of the way through that some of the strips I had sewn were cross cut incorrectly. Had I left them the original size, there would have been a lot of seam ripping, running out to try and buy more fabric, and probably a fair amount of cussing.

I think it's going to go together great now. The recipient is 7 with some developmental issues. It's not like he's going to sit and be cross because some of the cars are cut off. But I am DEFINITELY much, much happier with it.