View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Feathers

Originally Posted by Pam S
Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Hi my name is Gayle and I am a fabriholic. Mine is fabrics. I have to buy some every week, just about. Especially if it is on sale. I have store about a mile from the house and of course it is on the way home. And it is right next to Trader Joes, so I must stop weekly and see what is on the sale table and what new fabrics have come into the shop. All the employees know me by name and everyone says "hello". Then there is my favorite store that had been putting fabrics on sale for $1.69 a yard and I cannot resist buying the whole rest of the bolt of a quality fabric that I like. Everyone there knows my name also. Too bad that store is closing. I prefer yardage cause fat quarters are never enough, especially if I like it. I love lucious florals and I am a sucker for the Kaufman "Fusions" in all kinds of colors.
Gayle, they say you know you're an alcoholic when all the bartenders know your name...so I guess you really know you're a fabriholic when all the fabric store clerks know your name!
Oh! No, I'm a fabricolic too. All the fabric store personnel call me by name and CALL ME when they have a piece of fabric come in that they know I'll love. Someone said they have more flannel than cottons. When Joann's had their sale in Dec. I bought about 200 yards to go with the other 300 yard I already have. I like to use the flannel for the backs on the quilts I make and donate to foster kids.

My BIGGEST WEAKNESS...sounds really funny but I love SCRAPS. I've made dozens and dozens of scrap quilts and I have a couple friends who give me their scraps because they don't do scrap quilts. I LOVE these bags of scraps more than the yardage i actually buy myself. It warms my heart and the bodies of the people who receive my scrap quilts because I'm using up something that would probably be thrown away. Scraps are my biggest weakness and my greatest joy when making a new project.