View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 04:46 PM
ljfox

Well here is the end to the story. I soaked it overnight with Oxyclean and it came out. However it did fade the quilt a bit but not drastically. I still had to put the rest of the binding on it and since the quilt had shrunk some I decided to wash the other strips of binding and sew them to the quilt while they both were wet so that any dryer shrinkage would wrinkle the same as the strips already on it. Sewing a wet quilt was an adventure I never thought I would have! Then I put it back on the longarm frame because I had planned on one more row of quilting right next to the binding so I still had that to do. I did that wet too so that that quilting would match when it dried. Then I threw it in the dryer, and it looked just fine when it was done. I don't usually wash the quilts I gift so I did tell the story to my sister so that she could explain to my neice why it was already washed. And my husband gets to stay! He's a keeper and it was an accident. He still feels really bad and I bet he never does it again!