View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 08:09 PM
stevendebbie25

I was talking with a friend, who just informed me that fabric prices that are currently $9-$12/yd, could be rising to as much as $27/yd! Has anyone heard prices will be jumping? Heard an idea how much an avg yard? Any explaination as to why? I know price of gas is speculated to be about $5/gal by summer, which means fuel surcharge on shipping for everything. Crops have failed and prices are already climbing in grocery stores. Wendy's has a sign out that tomato's are much higher, if you want a slice on the burger it will cost more. Our daughter works in a grocery, and lettuce and tomato's have climbed more than 3x higher than a month ago. So, so we hurry and buy for our fabric stash now? Or do we retreat to using from our fabric stash and count our blessings for having it now?
Or is this just a horrible rumor? Hope someone has honest truth to share with us. I know the economy will be getting worse yet before we see recovery, but this is a huge price jump in fabric if this has any truth to it, hope not. Debbie