Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Airwick156

I am so sorry that happened to you David. Recently I helped my daughter "repair" a quilt that her boyfriends grandma had made for him and over the years it had tons of tears in it and she asked if I could help her repair it so she could give it to him for Christmas. Well, naturally I said yes I would help her...man that was a project in itself. But we did get it done, maybe not perfect by no means but it was repaired to the best of my and her ability. We had to replace some of the batting that was inside and we used an old blanket and cut a big huge section and tucked it in as flat as we could, found some fabric from old clothes and things and cut out patches and we just whipped stitched them onto the front and back. This particular quilt was just a nine block so we didnt have to worry about trying to fix a pattern because if it were...we couldn't have done it. She gave it to him for Christmas and he was so grateful. He hadn't even a clue that my daughter "snuck it out" of the house because he had folded it up and put it in the closet so it wouldn't be totally ruined. So now it probably has another ten years or so of life left in it. So there is always hope David. I wish you good luck.