Old 03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
RobertaMarie

Originally Posted by Eddie
By my calculations, the fabrics will be about $210. I figure it will take about 30 minutes per leaf, and there will be about 80 leaves on the quilt, and about say 10 on each pillow, so about 100 leaves - so that's 50 hours. Plus the time to make the top itself and then about 30 hours of quilting. So if we say 80 hours, the price that I was thinking of asking comes out to only about $3.84 per hour in labor - I just don't want to sell myself short.
From the looks of your work, you are worth more than that!! I agree with the 1200 nto 1400 price, and if they want it, go for it! A painter sometimes gets thousands of dollars for a painting, and this is no different. They are paying for your talent. IF you really want to do it, charge for your time and talent. I would love to have the pattern and do one for myself and I hand applique and hand quilt.... but do not sell them. That would be like selling a child of mine!
Have you had any of your quilts appraised? The appraisers go by the kind/cost of the material, the workmanship and pattern, etc. You might want to try that.
Good luck, and God bless, Eddie.