View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 05:16 PM
marla

I am so sorry that you have BC. It is not fun. It is very scary and I only wish their were other ways to treat w/o surgery. So many women have gone through this too. When we get the diagnosis, our hope is that it hasn't metasisized to other areas. Perhaps yours is not aggressive. I hope not and that you are able to live a long life, leaving a great leagacy of the quilt world's love. May God bless you and give you the wisdom to make the right choice.
Prayers for you. Marla

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch
ok you ask so here goes, hope I don't offend anyone.

I have breast cancer and I refuse to have the doctors touch me. They are nuts as far as I'm concerned. They want to cut you up piece by piece then hit you up with drugs that are so toxic that your body's own immune system can't help itself. I personally think the whole pink ribbon thing is a horrible joke that only sucks money from innocent people who are so ill their only hope is some miracle because their bodies are pushed to the edge of death from the treatments received from the medical doctors.

I have had my cancer for over a year now and I'm not sick or hurting. I'm not going to say I will live another year or another month because I don't know how long I will live, only God knows for sure but what I can say is this. I will not die believing in the lies or going through the tourer that the pharmaceutical companies or the medical doctors have to offer. When I finally go it will be because my body has done it's best and it wasn't enough. We are not in this world to live forever but to live the best we can with what time we have and to enjoy every minute and not harm others.

As far as the Pink Ribbon backing, if she feels like I do then she will except it and never say a word because she will know you meant well but at the same time she will not use it but put it in a safe place because it will remind her of your thoughtfulness and for that she would appreciate it.