View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 PM
susie0808

I have always been on a budget. I allow myself x amount every month. Most months I don't spend at all. But if I don't have it for a new project I'll go get it. Lately the only thing I have needed is batting. And I purchase that with a coupon. And I buy in king size. I am conservative in all areas. But there's also room for improvement. My dh got laid off 2 yrs ago. After 17 yrs and no pension.Our eyes really opened. We only had 401 and our savings. Luckly he was offered another job right away. The company he's with now has a pension plan and that really helps. So he has to be employed with them for 8 yrs to be fully invested. He has 6 to go. I work also but only part time. What I do for me is I take 1 paycheck a month(I get paid every 2 weeks)... and I get a savings bond. I am 48 yrs old. Have been doing this for 8 years. This is my pension. I want to be able to stop working by the time I'm 53. And this will help me do it. Always looking to save my silver change too! And have!! I have cashed in my change after 7 months collecting and I had 520.00 Saving my change really helps! :thumbup: :thumbup: