View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Borntohandquilt

I have re-started to offer hand quilting workshops here in Germany last year and at the beginning there was quite a lot of interest.
This weekend I received a message of one of the shop owners who organizes one of my workshops. She has to cancel it because there were no interest at all in attending. This is the second planned workshop for this year that must be cancelled due to that.
I must say I am a little disappointed. I know people still love to see hand quilting and other traditional crafts - but most of them don't want to learn and do it by themselves. They don't have the time or the money to attend a workshop, they call themselves too impatient for a craft like that and of course I hear many other good reasons. Well, I can understand them all - but I still feel a little disappointed.
I have earned some money with my workshops so I can pay the material for my quilts - now I will have to look around and find something else. Maybe I should enter more quilts at shows and win big awards! :D