Old 03-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Michellesews

:mrgreen: I fell in love with the new pattern Smokey River by Whirleygig Designs, purchased the pattern from Keepsake. Then a friend took me to N.M. to a quilt shop and they had the Stonehedge Strips, exactly what I needed to make this pattern! I needed two packaged, a light and a dark, at $40.00 EACH, but I was so thrilled not to have to order online. I started cutting yesterday and to my dismay, the strips are not straight, nor are they 2.5" in all areas! Some are only 2-1/8" and I must have 2.5 to do the quilt!
I called NORTHCOTT who makes this fabric and they sold me to call the store! I said, but I purchased these strips in sealed packages, the store did not cut them. She said she would talk to her boss...and call me back. I called the store but of course they are not responsible, but appreciated the warning, they are going to inspect the remaining packages they have onhand.

NORTHCOTT did call me back to say I had to return all the strips to the STORE, and the store was responsible to return them to NORTHCOTT, and then they would determine if they should be replaced or not! :XD:

Well, I have cut the strips so they cannot be returned. I do not think the store should suffer for the mistakes NORTHCOTT has made. Furthermore, I think NORTHCOTT should be ASHAMED to have such poor customer service and I will NEVER purchase anything made by NORTHCOTT again. Meanwhile, I will never be able to make the Smokey River quilt the way I wanted to make it with the StoneHedge strips.

I am livid and I just want to warn anyone, if you buy packaged strips from NORTHCOTT, you better open them and inspect them before you pay for them. $80.00 for crooked, skimpy strips, can you beat that? :thumbdown:
Michelle G.
El Paso, Texas