Old 03-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Charity Quilter

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

I started out in the Spring of 2008. By Fall of 2008 I was ready to share my love of charity quilting with others and founded TCCQM. We are now in the Spring of 2011 and I have.....drum roll....please.......4 locals, including myself. Statewide, I have members that send quilts, fabric, batting etc...on a regular basis. Then I have members we never hear from.

Locals meet in my home now....prior to that we met at the local library. As nice as that was because they had all the bells and whistles~~tables/chairs....it was hard on me loading up and unloading all of the supplies, fabric, batting, cutting boards, containers of supplies, sewing machine, ironing board, iron....then after class loading everything back up in the car and unloading at home.....whew....... I'm tired just thinking about it. . . . . .you get the picture.

I went on craigs list looking for volunteers and local papers and word-of-mouth. You have to be persistant......DON'T give up! It is so rewarding in the end. We are not at the end, we are just beginning to bloom and to share our heartfelt love of charity quilting. I'll not stop until the Lord takes me home because it was Him that flooded my heart with compassion for making quilts for children in need/abused/neglected/and-or abandoned or sick!!!

Charity Quilter Dar