View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
milp04

I have to agree with everyone's comments so far.

I once heard that for the location, you should include the city, state and county. This is because some cities that were are no longer, and there could be several cities with the same name in the state.

Labels can now easily include lots of information about the quilt. This can be typed in a word documents and printed onto fabric then added to the back of the quilt.

I like the idea of including two sides in the binding.
I like the suggestion of including washing instructions.
I heard one suggestion of including quilt wash with the gift.

Having a pillowcase made out of the same fabric, makes it easy to see which quilt is stored inside the case while being stored, if it's put away during the summer. You might want to think about making more than one case, one to use with a pillow and one to store the quilt. The additional pillow cases could then be used for any repairs that hopefully would never be needed.

I heard it once suggested that you include a second set of label(s) inside the quilt. If the quilt would be taken, and then found, the exact identity of the quilt would always remain hidden inside the quilt. The true owner would only know that the hidden label existed.

I'll be watching this thread for any other thoughts and suggestions.

Pam M