Old 02-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Tiffany

My suggestion, keep track of the hours you put into the quilt, both piecing and quilting it. You'd be amazed at how much time goes into a quilt and those who don't quilt will appreciate knowing! I often keep track of how much time I put into a quilt, especially when doing hand applique and hand quilting, and will add that information on the label on the back of the quilt. I have a quilt that will have about 500 hours into it after all is said and done. My hubby thought I should sell it but because it is a pattern from a published book, I cannot sell it because it has a copyright. You will want to check into copyright laws if you are using an established pattern and if it is out of a book or magazine, read the fine print in the front. Often it will state that the patterns inside are NOT for resale but for personal use only. I think such things are a bit rediculous because most of us are not making these quilts in a production line but it is better to be safe then sorry and read the fine print. If you are creating your own patterns, just ignore this. :wink:
Piece ~ Tiffany