View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Grandma58

I love my Bernina all three of them but they are for fun sewing not real sewing. Or maybe I should say they are fine for light weight cotton, but not bags and wool coats or anything with substance. I use them a lot and I do have 3. One is usually in the shop, sometimes a problem and sometimes just it's annual check up . One I use exclusively for needle felting. Over the last couple of years I have found I am sewing more heavy duty stuff and Bernina's are not built for it. I also have my grandmothers old machine from the 50's, that thing could sew through everything, it is a work horse.

[quote=NancyG]
Originally Posted by Grandma58
If you are looking for a good machine Juki would be my choice. A new one is less then a 1000. and they are work horses. I am getting one as soon as I finish paying for my most wonderful worthless Bernina. I am getting the tailoring machine which is about 1400.00 those prices are for new machines. A used one should be much less. I recommend Ralph's Industrial sewing out of Denver. Of course there is shipping.

Just curious.....what's up with your Bernina?