Old 03-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Neena

Well...I have always wanted a Janome so around the end of December I began looking at models. Found one I liked, like one my friend has-around $350, and was told they do not carry those in stores...lower end. So I asked what do you have? She himmed and hawed and showed me the other machines but could not tell me the difference. Well we ended up at the 7000 model I believe and she sat down and tried and I use the term lighty tried to demonstrate it to me. Never did ask me if I would like to sew on it. I asked her and she hesitated and mumbled well I guess that is ok...long story short..if I am going to pay $2800 for a machine, I would like to at least be able to sew on it in the store and have someone knowledgeable show me what it can to. I had done my research and was pretty much ready to buy in spite of her "help". I asked about the cabinet, well the cabinet came with it but they were backordered and she had..ready for it....NO IDEA when it would be delivered. Oh, and during our visit, I asked her what she sewed on and she told me a Brother, but she never showed me any of the higher end Brother's on the other side of the store either. I left with no machine and decided to keep my money and for my uses I upgraded to a computerized Brother that I found at Walmart online...that I must say I love for a fraction of the cost...not saying I will never get my dream Janome but wasn't meant to be this time around.