Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Interesting experience with Brother dealer >

Interesting experience with Brother dealer

Interesting experience with Brother dealer

Old 03-10-2011, 12:24 PM
kso

That's a good question. If it was warranty work, I wonder if the dealer would honor the warranty on a machine purchased at Walmart?
Old 03-10-2011, 01:01 PM

I Brother offers a warranty on machines that Walmart sells, there will be a way to register the purchase. If registered, they have to honor the warranty.
Brings up another question...is the savings worth the hassel? vs the convenience of the redily available dealer for repairs?
Old 03-10-2011, 01:17 PM

i purchesd a sewing machine from walmart only to find out it was a recondition machine. i though it was a new machine, there was not a thing on the box or anywere that said it was a recondition machine. i was having trouble with it later down the road and when i got to looking at the book that come with the machine i found a ladys name and phone number in the book , so i called this lady and she said yes she had a machine like mine and that she had the same trouble i was having with it. So beware about buying machine from walmart it may not be new.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:17 PM

Well...I have always wanted a Janome so around the end of December I began looking at models. Found one I liked, like one my friend has-around $350, and was told they do not carry those in stores...lower end. So I asked what do you have? She himmed and hawed and showed me the other machines but could not tell me the difference. Well we ended up at the 7000 model I believe and she sat down and tried and I use the term lighty tried to demonstrate it to me. Never did ask me if I would like to sew on it. I asked her and she hesitated and mumbled well I guess that is ok...long story short..if I am going to pay $2800 for a machine, I would like to at least be able to sew on it in the store and have someone knowledgeable show me what it can to. I had done my research and was pretty much ready to buy in spite of her "help". I asked about the cabinet, well the cabinet came with it but they were backordered and she had..ready for it....NO IDEA when it would be delivered. Oh, and during our visit, I asked her what she sewed on and she told me a Brother, but she never showed me any of the higher end Brother's on the other side of the store either. I left with no machine and decided to keep my money and for my uses I upgraded to a computerized Brother that I found at Walmart online...that I must say I love for a fraction of the cost...not saying I will never get my dream Janome but wasn't meant to be this time around.