View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 04:05 AM
tootsie00

Hi and welcome,
I know exactly how you are feeling. I'm newer to quilting and still making mistakes. Also rural and on my own. Everyone here has great ideas. You will be so happy you found us. Your border goes on next. There is a lady in the quilt world named Jean Brown that tells us to put the binding on before you sandwich the quilt with batting and backing. It sounds wrong, but makes sense. The edges of the quilt top will not frey with the binding attached. Then, it is an easy finish when your done with the quilting process. I have not done that yet, but will on my next quilt. As for the oops on the binding size. If you are using 1/4 inch seems, it should have worked. If not, then don't let it get the best of you. The borders are for framing the quilt and no one is going to get a tape measure and double check your work. Bottom line is that each quilt made is a reflection of the person who made it. Not one of them are perfect so go easy on yourself. You said that all of your seems matched up, and I think that is a larger hurdle than the borders. Lay the quilt out on the bed and look at it from the doorway. Can you tell that the border is not exactly 2". It doesn't matter that is is not. Unless you give someone the pattern, they will never know. I think you are doing fine. And yes, we love pictures here, so when it is finished, please post some. :D