View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

I got mine in November last year, and I think it's great. If I had a long arm set up with the frame, I wouldn't be able to stand at it for very long, so sitting down suits me fine. I recently finished quilting a king sized quilt on it, no problem at all, but then I am used to FMQing, so moving it under the needle wasn't strange to me.

I have also used a short ruler (don't forget you still need 1/4in thick ones), and I bought a set of circles and squares that have come in handy too. - you just have to hold onto the ruler and quilt at the same time, while moving it under the needle, but I managed it very well.

I like the ability to dial in a speed, and gradually built up from about 30% at first, to about 60% now - any faster and I don't seem to be able to move the quilt quick enough. What it means is that the machine will go at the speed you dialled in, and you just press the foot pedal all the way down. It' s much easier than trying to keep the pedal in a set position while moving the quilt at an even pace as on a domestic machine.

I've had absolutely no problems with tension either, and I've tried several different makes of threads so far, from bottom line to cotton to rayon and poly cotton.

See if you can't try it out somewhere just to make sure you are happy with it - by the way, I forgot to say that the table is height adjustable, so I put it at the same height as my machine cabinet, and then I just slide my chair from one to the other. Having all that room is an absolute luxury for me, I have no regrets buying it at all.

Convergence quilt done on Sweetie.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122684[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122679.jpe   attachment-122680.jpe   attachment-122681.jpe