Old 03-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Always In Stitches

Ok well the lady in the quilt is like an angel, she has a halo, which was a learning lesson for me like most of my work. First of all, the pattern and fabric was bought for me and given to me by DH! Yes I know that most DH's don’t buy quilt patterns and fabric but my DH is really a "DH"! He was in CO elk hunting and he always beings me something home so while the "Other guys" with him were taking showers and cleaning up after getting off the mountain my DH was shopping in the local quilt shop. He walked in and said my wife quilts I want to take her something that depicts your area. They said to him is she a good quilter. And he said well her quilts go to big quilt shows and she wins lots of ribbons and so I think she is a good quilter… and they sold him this pattern and fabric "KIT" and some yardage all in a re-usable bag! I loved it. I think the patterns name is Monticello Angel or something like that. I don’t know the quilt shops name but it is somewhere around wolf creek pass. He is so sweet I love him clear down to my bone marrow!

Now what I did wrong.... I used fusible web under the halo and fused it on and asked my machine quilter to sew around it to emphasize it, BUT I didn’t realize the fusible I used was the thickest heaviest stuff in the "WORLD" and after it was on... well of course you can’t take it off... soooooo that part of the quilt is as stiff as a board!!!!.... my machine quilter hated me after she quilted it and broke a few needles and as usual I learned another lesson the hard way....

And that's all I have to say about that! :? Oh one more thing. It was Juried into the AQS show in Des Moines, Iowa a few years ago, it didn’t place but it was a ribbon winner in the Black Hills Quilt show in Rapid City, SD. I did ask the pattern designer for permission to show the quilt I make from her pattern and she was very happy to get credit for her design…