Thread: janome 5000
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 06:57 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by bearlea
[ I'd say to really clean out the bobbin race/feeddog area. Stuff get's gunked up back in there, threads wrapped around. Take off the needle, the foot, the cover plates, take out the bobbin, the bobbin case...

I tried that...still nothing..there wasn't even a speck of lint anywhere....I am wondering about the spring you mentioned..I wouldn't know if its there or not...I will have to take a good look at mine and see what it looks like and go back to mom's and look at the 5000...thanks for the suggestion though..I will keep trying..blessings
I'd think there's got to be gunk built up in there, not only under the bobbin but under the race. Take everything out, that you can. or... ... or that mechanical connection has been broken somehow. You may have to break down and take it to a sew shop and pay for a service on it. If you can't or don't want to pay for that. Well, the thing isn't working now... take it apart all the way and see.

I googled and saw there are places to buy the service manuals (and also the user manual if you need). You might try calling Janome USA on Monday.

Gosh... wish I could be of more help.