View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 06:35 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac
Originally Posted by Candace
You also have to understand that just because the quilt is in the show, it may not have been judged. People have the option of displaying the quilt in the show, but not having it competitively judged for various reasons.
This is exactly what I was going to mention. Some quilters just do not want to be part of the "competition", but want to show their work. I was surprised at how many of the folks in my quilt guild did that at our last show.
Some guilds allow you the option of having your quilts judged but not put in competition. After the official judging is over, the judge would then look at that pile of quilts and make comments. So this way you can get the feedback from a show judge without being judged against other quilts, which might make some nervous (and usually with no reason). But everyone's different.

And if your guild charges a bit more of an entry fee for a competition quilt, then they can add a nominal surcharge for this service as well. Make some extra money. I think a lot of those that sit on the sidelines would be interested in that option.