View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Airwick156

I used to have one that I used to can with. My ex mother in law taught me how to use it.

Heres a story that I will make short.
My ex sister in law at the time lived in Hawaii where her husband was stationed. One Christmas, my inlaws paid for her and the three little boys to come to Oregon for Christmas. So my sister in law had taken her 3 boys and my 3 girls roller skating. Not a one of the kids new how to skate. So I have my middle daughter in front of me trying to teach her how to skate and she tripped me and I ended up breaking a bunch of bones in my left hand. Anyways I have a cast on. And prior to them coming for Christmas my mother inaw had taught me how to can bacon. We made bacon bits, bacon peices for biscuits and gravy etc. etc. And for this we would buy ends and peices of bacon. So I had bought what seemed to be a ton of bacon ends and peices so I decided to can them. I chopped and chopped...mind you in a plaster cast. When it was time for me to go to the doctors to have the cast changed..hehe the doctor is cutting it open and says "hmm I smell bacon" What had happened, while I was chopping the bacon the smell penetrated the cast. LOL. But that was so funny. I havent made any bacon bits in many years now, but I may have to do that again soon. But first I need a pressure cooker. :)