View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
roselady

I agree with you....mostly. My favorite part of quilting is the designing, picking out the colors, fabrics, choosing a pattern, then tweaking it. I am also very cost conscious (cheap)! A year or so ago, I kept noticing a line of fabrics that caught my eye. It was unusual because it was in colors that are NOT what I typically like. I kept myself from buying any of it, over and over again, but I kept looking at it and thinking about it. Then, I saw a pattern that I instantly knew was perfect for these fabrics, and it needed lots of different fabrics for it to work. I found 2 layer cakes on sale so I went ahead and bought them. I did take out a couple of the fabrics and had a few others from my stash that I replaced them with. Because the packs were in colors I don't usually buy, I didn't have much in my stash to work with and I would have had to find 40 (or so) fabrics, have all those cut as small as the store would cut, and still have a lot left over. I am working on that quilt now, and am loving it. I also found a different designers honeybun on sale and can't wait to do some log cabin blocks with that. Since they are 1 1/2 inches they will make perfect 1 inch logs. One honeybun won't make enough blocks for a quilt, but that is where I get to have fun making it "mine". I bought yardage in the line that I will make the rest of the quilt with.