Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it just me or........? >

Is it just me or........?

Is it just me or........?

Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM

JuneD,

You are not an odd ball. Simple fact of the matter, each person has her/his own preference when it comes to purchasing fabric. It does cost more to purchase special cuts of fabric over purchasing off the bolt. Some people don't like paying the premium price for the special cuts. Other people prefer to have larger pieces of fabric. Others, however, do like having the special cuts. As popular as fat quarters are, they often cost more when figured on a per yard basis compared to purchasing off the bolt. There is nothing wrong about loving the special cuts of fabric and there is nothing wrong about being too cheap to spend the extra money to get the special cuts. There is also nothing wrong with wanting to have larger pieces of fabric. Each of us is stating her/his preference when it comes to the specialty cuts of fabrics. You love them. You are not an odd ball, you are just an individual who likes them when the majority of the people responding to the post either are thrifty, cheakskates, penny pinchers or on a budget, or we just plain like bigger pieces of fabric. (Personally, I am a memeber of both the cheapskates and the likes a bigger piece of fabric clubs.)

Originally Posted by JuneD
I must be an odd ball as I love fat quarters, jelly rolls, charms and all those sugary (jelly rolls, turnovers, turnovers, honey buns, etc. :-P ) precuts. I was online at the FatQuarter Shop yesterday and found something new that I'd never seen before. Candy Bars (I think they were by Moda). They are 2 1/2" x 5".