Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or........?

I cant bring myself to use charms, honey buns, turnovers,...you get the idea, pre-cut fabric.
    I guess I am a control freak. Anything that takes the process out of my hands makes me uncomfortable. Also not having 'free-rein' with my own fabric choices bothers me.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Power Poster
    Same here. I feel as if I am paying for someone else to cut the material. Plus I want to see the material before I buy it

I have never bought any of those either...I only buy yardage and make my own cuts.

I like to touch them but have a hard time using them. To me the charms are like trading cards without the bubblegum :)

I have bought some charms, but that is all, and i am not really happy with them, i always need more

Blog Entries
    I'm with you there.

I guess I'm the "weird one".... I bought a turnover of Christmas Fabric and I love it!!!! I did the Stack and Whack from MQC on you-tube..... I love the way it is turning out...... I'm not able to afford to buy 42 different fabrics and this way is cheaper for me and no scraps!!

I dont really like buying the pre-cuts because there are always fabrics I dont like.

i hate pre-cuts!!!!

i only get a few for my niece to use because she's still to young to be cutting fabric

Quote Originally Posted by luv-e
    I guess I'm the "weird one".... I bought a turnover of Christmas Fabric and I love it!!!! I did the Stack and Whack from MQC on you-tube..... I love the way it is turning out...... I'm not able to afford to buy 42 different fabrics and this way is cheaper for me and no scraps!!
    I can agree with you about needing 42 different fabrics!!! I guess they do come in handy for this purpose...:)

I only buy yardage. I like to cut fabric.

I prewash so pre-cuts are a bit of a pest to do. I also like to buy yardage it generally works out cheaper.

I bought a jelly roll & the book with the patterns for that mfg jelly rolls. Did NOT work out. The final pinwheel block did not have the correct fabrics so had to fake it. Can't even quilt it, just a flimsy now for over 2 years. Don't plan to purchase pre cuts anytime soon.

I love cutting fabric an would rather cut my own!

I don't think I am a control freak but though they are "cute" I would rather buy yardage and cut my own and put together my own fabric choices. I don't buy many FQ's either

Blog Entries
    great idea, thanks for sharing with us

Have never bought any of them , only some fat Quarters
    and not many of them I cut my own. :D

I'm with earthwalker. I wash everything before it even sees my stash. I have bought FQ bundles, but that it about as small as I will go. Like many other posters, I like to cut my own.

I actually enjoy the process of prepping fabric (yes - even ironing!), and the cutting. Additionally I am a staunch pre-washer of fabric so that leaves out anything smaller than a FQ.

Although I do love the look of the Bali pops all rolled up. I just want to unroll them, fluff them into a giant pile, and dive in!!

i have never bought or used any of the either. i don't understand how the creativity part plays into that. but then, i have never followed an exact pattern by colors either.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I love pre-cuts! I have to look at them for awhile and play with them before I use them :D
    But I also buy mostly yardage.

Agreed! But I have to say that the pre-cuts aren't cut any more evenly than the ones I cut. That surprised me because I am one of the worst when it comes to cutting. Or perhaps I'm just want to be perfect!

Blog Entries
    I don't trust that I will like all of the fabrics included in the precuts. I used to buy FQs but not any lately because some have been poor quality and patterns once I opened them. I like to buy yardage so I can see the full pattern and test the quality.

I LOVE pre-cuts! In fact, I'm addicted to charm squares. I love that I get to try fabrics I wouldn't otherwise buy. I like that I can just get down to creating. To each his/her own, right?

I am fabric color challenged.........I agree. It's like looking at wallpaper, I get so confused. I don't buy a lot though because of the price, but I do get some on sale.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast