View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 09:39 AM
pstoner

Ok I need help with piecing a backing, I purchased what should have been large enough for a large queen size backing with extra and when the LQS cut it, she got distracted and shorted me 12 inches. She is trying to make it right, by sending me an additional 2 yards (all she had left of this fabric), and I can't locate any more of the fabric at any other LQS's. (It's a batik, by Hoffman).

So what I have is 2 pieces WOF x 96, 1 piece WOF by 88" and 1 piece by WOF x 72"

If I go WOF x 32" on the larger two pieces, I can get 3 each and WOF x 32 on the other one I can get 2. I should be able to get WOF by 32 on the piece she is sending me, but with seam allowances I would be very tight by the time it is machine quilted as to the width of the quilt. The top measures 94" x 112". Is this possible for this size of top, I really didn't want to have to spend another weekend trying to find something else suitable for the color selection as I have also purchased coordinating thread.

I am not using any of the backing material to make the binding, I have strips from the material on the front of the quilt for this.

Please help all advice is greatly appreciated, and I know this is technically not the way the back should be pieced.

Thanks
Patti