View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 09:44 AM
JNCT14

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Pictures please when you get it done!:)
Please , pretty please I would love to see it also. I might be able to use your ideal.
:thumbup:
OK picture as promised. Now I will say this - I got it all done, it works well - BUT if I had to make another one, I wouldn't use track. For one thing I needed 90" of track and trying to match the ends of each 30" section so the rollers would roll smoothly was really a problem. It was also expensive! What I would suggest is this: go to Home Depot and buy a Glacier Bay wood towel rack. Buy also a wooden dowel that is the width of the towel rack dowel (about 1/2") and as long as you want it. Take the dowel that comes with the towel rack and replace it with the really long dowel you bought. Mount the rack to the wall or ceiling. Use curtain hooks or make a sleeve for your batting (if you are going to do this, the put the sleeve through the dowel before you mount it - remember that the dowel is NOT removeable once mounted) and hang the batting. Now one thing I am not sure of is the maximum length you can have the dowel before it starts to bow (also remember that you can't put a bracket halfway to support the dowel) but I would suspect a lot because there is no weight on the dowel. Perhaps someone knows? Anyway here is the picture of the one I made using the track and the wheels.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-170183.jpe