View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 04:51 PM
grugirl

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I have been working on cleaning up and reorganizing my sewing room (mainly due to catastrophic failure of my shelves!) for the past week or two. Yesterday, I was folding fabric and all of a sudden the amount of fabric, thread and other miscellaneous items I have overwhelmed me and I just had to sit while I dealt with feelings of shame for overindulging, gratitude that I have so much, and dread at the amount of work I still have to do before I can even contemplate sewing again! I had to leave the room and can't bring myself to go in there today!

So knowing there are others with the same situation and that I'm not the only person with this addiction really helps! Tomorrow I have errands to run in the early part of the day but am going to make myself go back in there and keep at it!

Fabricaholics = we must continue to encourage each other!
I am sending you my hugs and love Scowl cause we all reach a point where we realize it and accept it. You have accepted it. Now you can move on from this point. Plan it out, I sorted all my fabric out by color on my queen sized bed and then cleaned the room with all the fabric out of it. I bought storage before I put it all back together and now I know where EVERYTHING IS. Take it a little at a time and pace yourself. You can do it! We are all here for you.