View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 02:30 AM
Laura3

Originally Posted by Zoombaby
I know it's been a while since you submitted this post, but I just stumbled across it during a search, as I have the same problem.

I found out today, that there is an issue with the early 820's and a different dealer told me that there is a fix for a few issues, and they have to send it back to Chicago. They are not broadcasting this, but I'm going to send mine in. Otherwise, I absolutely love it. That is really my only complaint. It even started skipping stitches in free motion mode without the BSR, which I have never used because of the issue.

I wonder if you resolved your problems. It's more then just a spring, because I've had that done too.
I did take it back to the dealer and they changed the spring. They told me that mine was purchased right during the time that they were making them with a stronger spring and there was no way to know if mine had the old one. So he checked it and put in a new one. I still have not played with it, but I guess I should. I am very new to machine quilting and still go back to just cross hatching, because I am afraid to try it on a quilt I have worked hard on. My plan is to make several practice sandwiches and just play. Life has been a little hectic, so I am looking for that window where I can just do a little playing in my sewing room.

I also feel very fortunate that I have a dealer that is amazing and always willing to help no matter what. So I know when I actually get to it, he will guide me through any problems.

Let me know when you get it back and how it works...

Take Care...Laura