View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 04:19 PM
kellen46

Originally Posted by debp33
My mom gave me two sets of quilt blocks. Set one came from my great grandmother. Since my great grandmother passed away more than 40 years ago, I know they're old. Set number two was given to my mom so she doesn't know how old these are.

I've looked through pictures on the internet and in some books I have, but am having a hard time identifying what the blocks are called.

With all the experienced quilters here I'm hoping someone here could easily identify them.

Thank you in advance!
The second block is called the "double T block. It was made for the Temperance Union movement in the US the was popular from about 1800 to Prohibition. Blocks were made and sold for a few cents to support the movement. Full size quilts would have been made and the signatures of members written on it to be actioned off as well. If you ever find a signed quilt it is worth a great deal of money. If you go to the Quilt in a day website, media center listed under the March posting of quilts of the first ladies you will find a lot of history and a very easy way to cut and assemble this block. www.quiltinaday.com/theater