Old 03-19-2011, 09:24 PM
fabric whisperer

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

this box (plastic Sterilite bin with snap closures) got put in the garage somehow... I have never seen plastic chewed like that! Everything is a mish-mash of threads and fluff... the further I dug into the bin, the harder I cried.

The biggest salvagable pieces I can get are a couple corners of one my mom got in Walchsee in 1990 when she treated herself to a trip there (we are of German descent). I cannot even tell if they were all in there, I am saying a prayer that I may have kept some separate, and they will be found safe.

Family already knows I'm stressed out from being sick for so long, they know I'm going to tear this house apart to make sure there aren't a couple hidden. I already checked the linen stack in the BR closet, none. Checked my undie drawers, none. I have been planning this butterfly hanky quilt for her, nothing else will be the same in my eyes, this was going to be a part of gramma, and great gramma's. My nerdy non-crafty brother was even involved in the planning, and though it would just make her day.

I'm off to bed, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, it's nearly 1:30 a.m. here, and I'm finally out of tears.