View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 10:37 PM
pamkasperi
Banned

Ok so I have 5 kids - 4 still at home (2 of those 4 leave this August) - no I'm not sad yet and if you ask my standard answre is "I'm not sad today about them leaving" :)

Anyway - needless to say our 3 bedroom house has been quite crowded....my sewing area is about 3 feet wide by 6 feet long and actually is the hallway entrance to the living room....my camera battery is dead so I'll try and post a picture tomorrow!

Once the twins leave my two younger kids will still occupy the rooms as one is a boy and one is a girl.

More background - bare with me....about 6 years ago my husband bought a 1966 Mustang - he was going to fix it up and drive it around and I don't know try and get some young thing to smile at him (or laugh)...anyway this car has sat in my garage for 6 years...he is not a mechanic - he is a lawyer I have to hire someone to change light bulbs (ok not really but I'm making a point)...so the car sat there until tonight. Someone bought it....yes he acted like a big baby but we need the money because both of the girls will have to have a car when they go to college as they are both going to metro area's.

So I - silly me - make the suggestion that if we put up some plywood to close up the attic; take out the garage door and put up sheet rock - get an AC window unit - I can turn my newly cleaned and empty garage into a sewing room...Plenty of room for work tables; plenty of electrical outlets (some in the ceiling which is great for keeping cords off the floor)....washer and dryer right there....tons of shelves (lining 2 walls) to store stuff in. Put my computer and a TV out there and I'll be all set and out of everyone's way and they can watch TV without the whirl of a machine or two going off all the time! Then we can have our living room back and our bedroom and our front hall and front hall closet and bedroom closet and under our bed back for other things!

Great idea right? I mean kids are growing and we don't need the bikes or the toy box of sand toys or the boxes of hand-me-downs or anything else that has been in there.

So what does he say???? "I don't think we can do it...you'll need heat in the winter and with all that material you can't have a space heater in there!"

I am still sitting here in awe at 1:30 a.m. - HEAT???? HEAT???? We live in South Texas....aside from our 2 week fluke of a winter storm this year in the 20 years I've lived in Corpus Christi, I have barely ever turned on the heater in the house...I don't even own a winter jacket....HEAT????

I am just stunned! So tomorrow I'm going to finish cleaning and start rearranging and I may take some of his Mustang Money to go buy plywood and sheetrock - or maybe just a hammer to throw at him! HEAT!!!!!