Garage as a sewing room

Old 03-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Banned

Once when we moved out of town, we bought a model home.
This was the office of the builder. So the garage to the house was really nice. We had a 4 yr old and 6 month old. I thought.....This would make a nice big playrm...(2 car garage)....So we left it...
Of course, we only lived there 6 months til next move, but it was great.....Our garage now houses the almost built "1932 Ford Roadster"...LOL
Old 03-26-2011, 09:17 AM

what...no pics yet...lol
Old 03-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned

Nope sorry still cleaning - I can take pictures of the kids cleaning it out - they are not happy with me but I explained that most of the stuff was theirs and they could either clean it our or I could go in and throw it out!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
Originally Posted by lbosma
You have to go for it! I have an indoor air conditioner in my garage. It vents out through a hole in the wall and the drain tube goes out under the closed garage door. In the winter I have two space heaters. Both are more than adequate to make the two bay garage comfortable. Hubby has helped me tweak my "garage studio" at least three times. We are almost at perfection! When we had the carpet replaced in the house we "recycled" the under used carpet from the living and dining rooms, just had the installer add a new pad and make it fit in here. Pay special attention to lighting. Note in the photo my room is mostly white. White ordinarily wouldn't be my thing, but all other colors absorb light, so overtime everything has been replaced with white furniture and accessories.
I love your room and I'm doing it and he can't stop me! Ha ha - I'm home all day and he isn't so I'll get it all done once its cleaned out and he won't be able to do anything about it! Yeppers I'm doing it!!!

The white furniture is a great idea!
The heat will be generated by the tv, computer, sewing machine and iron!!! Just DO IT! In fact, just don't even mention it and see how long it is until he notices your things are gone and the whirl of the machine has subsided!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Banned

*****Update - today we started cleaning the garage at 12:20 p.m. - we finally finished at 7:45.

We filled a 15 yard dumpster and I have a huge pile for ebay and a huge pile for a garage sale on Friday.

I have 2 washer loads of fabric I'm going to put up here tomorrow....I am so sore and tired I'm having a hard time typing.

So about 4 different times I mentioned how great it would look with my material here and my machine here and I am delighted to say that hubby has warmed up to either me moving out there or our son moving and me taking his room!! Yipppeeee!

We still have the side yard; back storage shed; back yard and our store room to clean out. Tomorrow will be busy I have to call and have the dump the dumpster; list on ebay and list on hear - I'm going to stop quilting for just a little bit to finish this project - I have to if I want my room!

I did NOT take pictures of the WIP - I have to say Hubby and I are both beyond embarassed we ever let our house get like this - and yes we found a family of mice in the garage - they have been relocated thanks to one of my twins who refused to let me smash them as I was running away from them screaming throwing things at them...so she boxed them up and took them to the bay right by our house.

We had stuff in the rafters of the garage and the attic area that we hadn't seen since the day we moved in 20 years ago - I swear I felt like an episode of horders!!! Glad A&E wasn't in the neighborhood!

I'm going to lay on the floor and moan - my back; fingers; arms; heck even my eyelashes hurt!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:37 PM

why am i still hearing noises that sound like "if i take his room"?
NO, NO, NO. not a possibility! momma comes first. start the way you intend to finish. there's no such word as 'temporary'.
immediately paint it pink and watch him go screaming into the night. that boy's turn will come soon enough. he has to earn it first, just like you did.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by butterflywing
NO, NO, NO. not a possibility! momma comes first. start the way you intend to finish. there's no such word as 'temporary'.
immediately paint it pink and watch him go screaming into the night. that boy's turn will come soon enough. he has to earn it first, just like you did.
LOL - I know but after seeing Mickey; Minnie and Uncle Billy in the cabinet - the inside the house room was/is looking good!

Nah I think the garage is going to be all mine - it was really surprising because everyone chipped in and helped and the kids seem really excited to convert it (well the girls) do - even if its to not have to listen to my machines all the time - I'll take their excitment!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:31 AM

LOL - I know but after seeing Mickey; Minnie and Uncle Billy in the cabinet - the inside the house room was/is looking good!

Nah I think the garage is going to be all mine - it was really surprising because everyone chipped in and helped and the kids seem really excited to convert it (well the girls) do - even if its to not have to listen to my machines all the time - I'll take their excitment!
i know where texas is, and if you don't take that garage, i will come and hunt you down!!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Banned

i know where texas is, and if you don't take that garage, i will come and hunt you down!!
Okay Okay! I'm getting the hint!!!