Old 03-22-2011, 01:57 AM
quilterella

Originally Posted by sam_98
I have border of 3 narrow fabrics, and have had trouble deciding on the binding. I went today and bought more fabric because I wasn't happy with the fabrics I had to use.

In playing with the fabrics (after I brought the new ones home), I decided I would like to add two more narrow borders to what I already have before adding the binding.

I have finished quilting, have plenty of extra backing and batting, but how best to add the new border fabrics. Would one attach to the binding, and added the extra in same step as the binding? I have a little quilting done on the last border fabric, but could remove some stiches, and add the new border fabrics, then finish quilting the borders, and add the binding.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks 8-)
I did this on a very large king size quilt, because, when I went to do the borders, they were all wonky and weird. I simply just removed the old borders and flip and sewed on the new borders, pressing the seams and then did a quick diagonal pattern on the border, bound it and it was done. Maybe I was just lucky, that I didn't run into any problems doing it this way, but, it was easy.