Old 02-16-2009, 09:25 AM
CelesteWhitely

Wow! I must first say that this site is great! I'm just getting into quilting (working on my first quilt now... pregnant with my first child, a little boy, and I'm making my first quilt for him) and this site has so much helpful info that I won't need to get a quilting book!

So, I need your help with choosing a quilting frame. I have looked at a couple frames at the local shops and the best priced one I could find was a "Q-Snap Floor Frame" for about $85. It looks really good, but is a little pricey. Does anybody have a cheaper suggestion?

My husband, who works in manufacturing, took a look at it and says he could make one for less than the store is selling it for. Being the business major graduate that he is, he is actually thinking about starting a business making frames. Oh boy... what am I getting myself into! :)

Any advice on a cheap quilting frame? Any advice on how to convince my hubby that with the economy being down like this, now is not a good time to get into a quilting frames manufacturing business?

Thanks a ton for this great site, and thanks in advance for your help!

C. Whitely