View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 02:30 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
it's like putting on jewelry - not dressed until you do. some people are more fru-fru than others. i'm sure there was nothing wrong with your quilt.
I like Nan's comment. Some people just like different things. Her 'look' she was going for was different. I have a great niece that I love to pieces, but she wants me to do a quilt for her all in blacks and greys. No color. Her mind set is like that too... she's very young, and hasn't yet learned that life is not 'black and white"! lol. So I told her I'd make her a quilt after she's settled down some.... perhaps has a house of her own... 'cause, you know.... she'll decorate. (I'm really stalling for time, 'cause I figure her taste will drastically change!). If it doesn't.... well.. I'll make her a B/G quilt then.

I've noticed in my family that those folks who don't know anything about quilts or quilting.... tend to expect quilts to be like J.C. Penney comforters.... you know... large, puffy, polyblend fabrics, washable every 3rd week in the machine set on 'normal', etc. Delivered in a plastic zip bag! Wouldn't surprise me at all to see those family members ask for ruffles, flounces, and the like.