Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Was I wrong to be disappointed??? >

Was I wrong to be disappointed???

Was I wrong to be disappointed???

Old 03-22-2011, 01:42 PM

Last Christmas I made what I thought was a gorgeous card tricks quilt in purples for my friend who loves purple. It matched her bedroom perfectly. She was all thrilled when she opened it and then last week when I went to visit she tells me she wants to add a ruffle to the bed to match the quilt. Well, I was thinking I could help her with the ruffle so we worked on it together. Then she brings out the quilt and says we are pinning it directly to the quilt. I was hurt that she thought it needed something more, but I went along with it. Then she asks me to sew it since I'm a better seamstress and when it was finished she pronounced it "FINALLY BEAUTIFUL" like it wasn't pretty before the ruffle.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:45 PM

O my.. I wouldn't be hurt.. some people just like what they like.... Ruffle is NEVER on my like side of things but this is what makes the world go round... we all like something different and for her ya know it is RUFFLES.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

it's like putting on jewelry - not dressed until you do. some people are more fru-fru than others. i'm sure there was nothing wrong with your quilt.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:48 PM

Well-try not to take it too personally-some people can be pretty insensitive. . .
Old 03-22-2011, 01:49 PM

WE all see things differnt (((hugs))) you made the beauty in making the quilt. She was seeing something different in the full picture. It took both of you to make it JUST right. Rejoyce she is your friend and you must love her a lot to have made a quilt... See the beauty in the fullness. Many hugs and you are a great friend, I am sure she is honored. :)
Old 03-22-2011, 01:49 PM

I wouldn't be hurt by it. She did get you to help her to add something she wanted to it. I'm pretty sure if she had not liked it she would not have invited you to add the ruffle to it and most likely would not be having it on her bed.

Some folks just like cutsy things to such stuff. Not my cup of tea but I understand folks like her who do.

As they say different strokes for different folk.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:50 PM

I wouldn't be upset...we all have different tastes...I am a no ruffle person...I am sure she will love and enjoy the quilt for many years.

OUCH!!
You did what you thought she wanted and she loved it...... She just doesn't know that a ruffle on that might be just alittle too much, if you don't mind me saying...???
I'm so sorry she hurt your feelings.......When will we ALL learn to keep our quilting masterpieces to ourselves??
I honestly don't think she ment for you to take it personal..
{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}

There are some people who don't have the slightest clue of how much work and love goes into a quilt. You are a good friend to help make and then add the ruffle to the quilt. You know that saying "no good deed goes unpunished." Just keep on being her friend and know in your heart that a quilt doesn't need a ruffle. :-D
Old 03-22-2011, 01:52 PM

I'm sure she was happy with it and was just adding to it in her own way. Don't take it so personally...she would probably feel awful if she know.