View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Mary M

As some of you know, I have been trying to get caught up with my UFO. Last thursday my daughter took me out for a B-day lunch and all of a sudden my rib cage started to hurt. I thought, oh heck, I have probably over done the quilting. Well Friday came and it hurt even more...felt like a knife was in my left side back and the right part of my shoulder. It hurt! Saturday was no better and I started seeing a rash from the middle of my front and around to the middle of the back. I was taking every kind of pill I had from previous surgerys. The rash was burning like a hot iron was on it. Finally Mondat comes and I head for the doctor to find out what was going on. By this time I was in tears even though I claim to be so tough. Doctor immediately diagnosed it as "shingles". Well at least I now knew what it was and couldn't blame it on too much quilting. I was given a prednisone shot, a viral medication and some very strong pain killers. Finally, today I started feeling better. I had heard of shingles but never been around anyone that had it. I think that was 4 days of some of the most extreme pain I have ever had. I actually think I will be able to get back to my quilts tomorrow! I know the quilting can be hard on our backs but we just can't give it up.