View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 04:04 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by quilterella
As many of you are aware, I am currently painting out rooms in wait for my Tin Lizzie to arrive. My question is, what colour would you paint your room? I had read a longtime ago, that dark colours aren't appropriate for the sewing room as it distorts the fabric colour. I'm wondering should it be totally white(not my first choice), or a soft beige, or yellow or what? I know it needs to be easy on the eyes and pleasant at the same time. The room has two windows in it and hardwood floors. I would really appreciate your opinions!
Painting is like choosing underwear for someone else. We all have our own ideas. Myself, I like a nice neutral off-white in a satin semi-gloss. Light bounces off it and keeps the room bright. I also like a very soft yellow. You get into pinks, blues, etc. and I think it affects the colors you are working with. My basement sewing studio is Behr Cinnamon Cake on the walls and Belgian Cream on the ceiling. I think you don't need bright colors because there is so much else colorwise going on in the room all the time.