Thread: How come?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 04:42 AM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
I think it depends on the "title" or your post. Be specific about what you need help with. Or specific on what picture you are showing. Just like a magazine ad, the headline determines whether or not you would read the info below. I posted a topic "what notions are a waste of money?" that got 40 pages of responses and made the digest. If I had just said "notions," who would have bothered to click on it?
I agree with you wholeheartedly CompulsiveQuilter....vague topic titles drive me nuts....sorry....but I have opened some of them to see what they were trying to talk about and quickly left because it made no sense to their topic title which in itself was non specific. I just have never figured out why members use such vague titles...maybe hoping it draws interest or curiosity but for me it does the exact opposite and many times is a total waste of my limited time here on the board. This is not meant to be critical but it also makes our search feature that much more frustrating because the program created for this feature has no idea where it should go....so even if it's a really good topic of information one would be hardpressed to ever find that topic again. It truly takes our more advanced and computer master members to help others out with finding them again.

That said there are thousands of replies to topics here each and every day so people look for the topics that interest them and don't always have time to wade through each and every title.
Many people don't reply to topics when they feel what they have to offer has already been said. Plus, there are topics that have been repeated so often and could be found in the search feature that maybe many members just don't post to those anymore. Whatever the reason for people not posting a lot on a particular topic please know that each and every person is valued and appreciated on this board. So don't give up or get discouraged....just keep on keeping on and ask, help and learn from this fabulous board.