View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Joan

I always have good intentions. But, the quilt I finally started working on this week was supposed to have been completed about Thanksgiving. But, at that time I got distracted by little Christmas projects that seemed quick but took lots of time. I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed doing them and having something homemade to give to the special people in my life. And then, it was Valentine's Day with all those yummy heart fabric--another bump in the road. Right now, I have several projects in the works but I'm trying to keep focused on the "Thanksgiving" quilt. (although there is a baby quilt that has to be done in April that I need to start SOON!)

It is hard for me NOT to dive into 20 projects all at once and I am trying hard to control my creative juices. The ideal would be to start a project and finish it but it never seems to happen that way. The one thing that is consistant for me is buying fabric and I have fabric purchased for the next three or four quilts. lol

Someday, I hope to learn how to hand quilt. I've found (remembering that I am a beginner) that putting the binding on and doing the hand sewing is just so relaxing for me. I do it in front of the tv but have to keep putting my glasses off and on.

Regardless, isn't it a "fun" hobby? :lol: