Thread: My First Quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 04:02 PM
wildyard

Originally Posted by shihtzulover
I sure hope that my parents like it. I had so much fun making it and was so excited that it turned out so nice. I just couldn't believe "that I actually made that myself".

I'm not giving up on quilting (though it was tempting). My youngest daughter wants a quilt (and it's in the process of me making it). She was there when I gave it to my parents and she even commented on that fact that they made no comment.

Live and learn.
When you are feeling a little more confident, you might talk to your parents and find out if in fact there is any problem relating to his service that would keep him from enjoying the quilt. If he was a Viet Nam era veteran, he may indeed have some bitter memories. If that is the case, perhaps you would all feel better if you donated your quilt to a wounded sailor, and made them something else.
This is just a thought, but rather than second guess why they showed no reaction, I think asking them if there is a problem would be a relief and clear the air for you.
Hugs and smiles and good luck whatever you decide to do.
And definitely keep on quilting, there are so many places and people that love getting our quilts, it's a very worthy hobby.