Thread: My First Quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 11:14 PM
jpthequilter

Originally Posted by shihtzulover
I just finished my first quilt that I made for my dad. He was in the U.S. Navy so I thought this would be perfect for him and mom. WOW the response I got was literally nothing. No Thank You! No that is nice! NOTHING!

Did I do something wrong? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to not get depressed and quit quilting over this.
Well, first I had better tell you that I had a son in the army, for years and years, and he told me he could not have a quilt in the barracks because there would be noplace to put it - because the bedding is required to be exactly the same for everybody...and in all the services.
So he can't have it there, so it would have to stay home.
....about home....well, think about where it would go.
The reason you might have not got thanks is that they might not know what to say or do...It is a beautiful quilt and bet they do not want to hurt your feelings. If you could get it back it could go to a wounded (or worse )veteran.
Some people just do not appreciate quilts either!
Once I made a complicated woodsy pictorial quilt for my niece, and she kept it in the back of her jeep for the dog.
said it went great with the scenery!
(the mud didn't show on it either!) I hope you laughed!
Don't give up quilting! Now my son is retired and begs for wonky cat quilts to hang up in his office.
J