View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Deborah12687

I say to each is own how you quilt and what you use for this or that. Most of these subjects have been gone over so many times like using sheets for backing and what thread is better or doesn't work on this or that fabric and all it is a myth that people put out just to make a post. I was the one who posted the original post about using sheets and blankets. I personally will use what ever it takes to make a quilt new or old it is all the same thing. If sheets were so hard to sew thru because of thread count how then do they hem the edges? There is a some what of a dividing line between those of us who use what we can find cheaply to sew quilts and those who let us know that we should be using quality quilting fabric is a must and I feel like sometimes I am getting a nose thumbing. I do it the way my Mom and Grandma did many, many years ago and that is my choice and I put my own twist on things and always experamenting with different things to try. Ohhh I am not a quilt police either I am just a person with a hobby of quilting that I like to share with others.