Old 03-25-2011, 01:39 AM
DebsShelties

Originally Posted by Annaleehunter
Originally Posted by chairjogger
So, I make comfort quilts for children's hospital. Got hit by the "Oh I don't have time, I work." comment..
My face still stings after that. Felt like I was slapped.

If I could work, I would !! Was really nice and told this woman, "OK, but I do have time. "

hmmm.. in the dumps today.
I am a full-time mother of two beautiful children that are 11 months apart....and I am also a full-time preacher's wife... I challenge anyone to be me for a day, and you should too. My motto is do not voice an opinion unless you have walked a mile in those shoes.....
Amen! People have different lives, to assume things only causes undue stress in lives. Could it be that the woman was embarrassed that she could not sew? All we see is what was said, we don't get to hear the voice behind the words.
Everyone has different likes and dislikes in life, not everyone likes quilting - they DON'T have to! Patience and understanding that just because you love xyz doesn't mean everyone else in the world will.
What was this woman doing when you told her you made quilts? Was she busy? She may have been under a time limit to get a certain chore done. Chances are she didn't mean it to be a nasty remark, but was being honest.