View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 04:58 AM
beachcombr09

Echobluff, I am not in the least bit offended by your post. I have been making quilts since 1999, and go by the rule that I am not making quilts for the Smithsonian or Antiques Roadshow. If I want to use 100% cotton as a backing. then I will and if I want to use a sheet to save money, I will. I have made over 200 quilts since I started, mostly for my kids college friends. Since I was coming out of pocket for these quilts, you can bet your bottom dollar that most of them were backed with sheets! I make quilts because I love seeing them come together and know that whomever is getting that particular quilt will love it! I am not a "purist" when it comes to quilting, but have no desire to judge what others want to do. Just so you know, I make only "summer" quilts or batt-less quilts. Thus, I don't have a lot of the actual quilting stitching to do. Some are tied, some are quilted, and some just have 2 "quilting" seams run through them to keep them in place once they have been washed and dried. I gave up long ago trying to please other people, and only please myself and whomever the quilt is for. I do have qults that I made sure are all completely 100% cotton and plenty that have cotton/poly materials as well as thread. As far as I am concerned, to each her (or his) own! Just as long as you enjoy what you are doing! Love and hugs to you all!