View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 11:02 AM
cedarvalleyquilts

While I know what I'd like to see in my quilt store, I thought I'd ask everyone here. What do you like to see in a quilt store? I've been reading the posts about the "dream store" and have decided I will have a clearance section and do discounts, will do some type of customer appreciation discount (whether punch card or whatnot). There will be antique sewing machine service/repair offered. There will be a Fun Quilter for rent in the store so customers can finish their projects if they so desire. There will be classes offered. And, of course, high quality fabric and notions.

I want to have as wide a variety of fabrics/notions/threads as possible to appeal to as many tastes as possible. I know what my preferences are, but what are yours? Particular designers you love/hate? Certain notions that you wish your LQS would stock but doesn't? Fabric lines/threads/notions that are a "must have?" What types of patterns/books/magazines do you like to look for in a shop?

Everyone has different tastes and preferences, but what have you wished that your local shop carried but doesn't? I want to make my shop as customer-driven as possible, both in customer service and the inventory I have.

Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated...thanks in advance for the input!

Chris